[ Notes | Data Viz - Compositions | Data Viz - Redesigns ]
- New York City
- Python Developer for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- BSc. Computational and Applied Mathematics, the University of Chicago
- GitHub profile
- LinkedIn profile
business [@] john lekberg [dot] com
Data Visualization - Compositions
I'm reading through two books right now:
- "ggplot2: Elegant Graphics for Data Analysis" by Hadley Wickham, and
- "The Grammar of Graphics" by Leland Wilkinson
I'm creating visualizations to practice the concepts that I'm learning. Take a look!
2019-09-23 - Chicago - Proximity ot MMR vaccination sites
- Chicago, Distance to MMR vaccination sites - (2019-08-26) A heatmap showing distance to nearest MMR vaccination sites in Chicago.
- America, Life Expectancy at Birth - (2019-08-21) Average life expectancy at birth from 1900 to 2015, by race and gender.
- Chicago Beach Water Temperatures - (2019-08-13) Summertime water temperature for Chicago beaches
- Diabetes Death Rates for Black New Yorkers - (2019-08-02) Black New Yorkers have the highest death rates from diabetes.
- Chicago PD Hourly Wages - (2019-07-24) A histogram of (converted) hourly wages of Chicago police officers.
- Money Raised by 2020 Candidates - (2019-07-17) Receipts for democratic and republican candidates.
- NYC Lead in Tap Water - (2019-07-14) Lead Levels (mg/L) in NYC tap water collected after a 1-2 minute flush
- Chicago Library Locations - (2019-07-05) Locations and density of all Chicago libraries.
- Crime in Chicago - (2019-06-19) Density of crime in Chicago for 2017 and 2018.
Data Visualization - Redesigns
Practicing redesigning graphics. Good for critical analysis.
2019-09-23 - Multi-threaded user interactions
Showing multi-threaded users interactions (multiple conversations) in a graph theoretic space instead of a rectangular frame. [read more]