New York City
business [@] john lekberg [.] com
|2018 - present ||Software Developer at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ||New York City, NY|
- Developing a non-public tool used by SEC personnel to improve compliance.
|2015 - 2018 ||Software Developer at the University of Chicago ||Chicago, IL|
- Administrated university computer lab (with other students).
- Worked closely with lab director to identify high-impact projects.
- Created tool to visualize machine health for 80+ managed machines.
- Managed quality of internal wiki of 200+ pages of technical knowledge.
- Developed technical training sessions for university students and staff.
- Designed software for Dr. László Babai to manage an open-access academic journal.
|2017 ||Software Developer (intern) at Lewis County Press ||St. Louis, MO|
- Added new reports to information dashboard used to assess suborganization health.
|2016 ||Consultant (pro bono) ||Rwanda|
- Built lightweight application to organize TOEFL results (previously done by hand).
- Compiled and edited bilingual content to assist students’ English acquisition.
- Coordinated rescue efforts for students stuck in South Sudan.
|University of Chicago, ||BSc. Computational and Applied Mathematics, General Honors|
|University of Edinburgh, ||Visiting Student, focus on Formal Verification and Database Systems|
|Languages ||- ||English, ASD Simplified Technical English |
|Software ||- ||Version Control (Git), RDBMS (SQLite, PostgreSQL). |